Management Advisory Board
In the digital era, a vibrant publishing environment on campus is essential if universities are to continue to influence the dissemination of knowledge and scholarship, ensure the advancement of their faculty and students, and extend their global impact. Purdue University Press and Scholarly Publishing Services provide a central component of the campus publishing infrastructure, and the members of the Management Advisory Board provide strategic advice and guidance to its Head and act as advocates for its activities within the university.
The Management Advisory Board consists of fourteen members. The Chair of the Editorial Board of Purdue University Press and the Director of the Press/Head of Scholarly Publishing Services are ex officio members, and the Management Board is chaired, ex officio, by the Dean of Libraries, to whom the Press reports. Six members represent Purdue University and bring a range of perspectives and expertise. Five members are invited from the wider world of scholarly communication. Each member is appointed by the Provost for a three year term, the terms coinciding with the University’s fiscal year. A member may serve two consecutive terms.
The board ordinarily meets twice a year to review the Press operations, to receive reports, and to consider strategy and policies for the Press’s future.
Management Advisory Board Members
- Patrick Alexander, Director, Penn State University Press
- James S. Almond, Senior VP for Business Services, Purdue University
- Dr. Raym Crow, Consultant, Chain Bridge Group / Senior Advisor, SPARC
- John G. Dove, Senior Publisher, Credo Reference
- Peter Froehlich, Director, Purdue UP (ex officio)
- Dr. William H. (Bill) Harper, Professor, Department of Kinesiology (Chair of Editorial Board)
- Donna Ferullo, Director, University Copyright Office
- Ellen Faran, Director, The MIT Press
- Karen Hawkins, Senior Director, Product Design, IEEE
- Dr. Clifford (Cliff) Lynch, Executive Director, Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Dr. William G. (Gerry) McCartney, VP for Information Technology and CIO
- Dr. James L. Mullins, Dean of Libraries (Chair, ex officio)
- Bryan Shaffer, Sales and Marketing Manager, Purdue UP (guest)
- Dr. Mark Smith, Dean of the Graduate School
- Dr. David Reingold, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts
- Kate Wittenberg, Managing Director, Portico
Members of the Management Advisory Board can log into the access-restricted online workspace Wiki here. If you have forgotten your username and password, please e-mail cwatkinson[a]purdue[dot]edu.