A Pictorial History of Chemical Engineering at Purdue University, 1911–2011
A Pictorial History of Chemical Engineering at Purdue University, 1911–2011 (Hardback)
This coffee-table book uses color photographs and captions to tell the story of the first one hundred years of the Purdue University School of Chemical Engineering. Formed four years after a chemical engineering curriculum was established at the University, the School grew rapidly in size and reputation. It was a leader in encouraging women and minority students to become engineers, and it produced many substantial scientific contributions. The School continues to provide expertise and solutions to the “grand challenge” problems that the world faces today, whether in energy, nanotechnology, biotechnology, health care, or advanced materials. Among its thirty faculty members, five are members of the National Academy of Engineering.
About the Author(s):
Phillip C. Wankat is the Clifton L. Lovell Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and the Director of Undergraduate Degree Programs in the School of Engineering Education at Purdue University. After his Purdue BSChE (1966), Wankat earned his MS (1967) and PhD (1970) in chemical engineering from Princeton University and returned to Purdue as an assistant professor. He conducts research in separation processes and wrote the textbook Separation Process Engineering, currently in its third edition.
Cristina D. Farmus is the Administrative Director for the School of Chemical Engineering. She has a BS in commerce and marketing from Transilvania University, Romania, and an MBA from Krannert School of Management, Purdue University. She has been with the School of Chemical Engineering since 2004.